Creating luscious-looking lashes can be tricky. Here are a few of my favorite tips for perfecting a look you’ll love on your wedding day (or any day, really!).
1) Use a brand-new tube of waterproof mascara in either brown or black (depending on your skin tone). I prefer Kevyn Aucoin’s The Volume Mascara in Ritch Pitch Black ($28). It’s a great tube mascara that doesn’t smear, but still comes out with water. I love the size of the brush because it’s fantastic for volume and lash separation.
2) Curl your lashes using an eyelash curler. One of my favorites is Kevyn Aucoin’s Beauty Eye Lash Curler ($21). Start at the roots and hold for ten seconds. Then, move the curler halfway up and curl for another ten seconds.
3) Work the mascara deep into the roots of your lashes, and comb through using a metal lash comb. Apply 2-3 coats of mascara for the most volume.
4) Apply a few false lashes at the outer corner of your eyes for extra effect.
5) For extra definition, apply Hourglass Mechanical Gel Liner in Obsidian ($16). This easy-to-apply eyeliner offers absolute precision for the perfect fall look.
6) Step back and smile. Your eyes should look amazing!
EXPERT TIP: For a more natural, smoky eye look for fall brides, use dark brown mascara and dark brown lashes on the outer corners of your eye.