The annual Pantone Color of the Year has a huge influence on textiles, fabrics, clothing – and yes, cosmetics! This year’s color is “Very Peri” – a gorgeous periwinkle blue Pantone hopes will “encourage personal inventiveness and creativity.” That sounds good to me!
This year we can be hip, be in style, be Very Peri cool with this beautiful color, which has a base of cool blue with red-violet undertones.
I always love blue eyeshadow and eyeliner for winter looks. Eyeshadows with a cool blue tone brighten your eyes and emphasize the whites of your eye. They create a bright-eyed, open look, and the red-violet adds warmth and drama. It’s refreshing and brightening for the new year.
Very Peri works with any skin tone, and it looks great on blue, green and brown eyes.
Eyeshadow will give you a bold look. Eyeliner on its own is a fun way to experiment for a hint of this color. Here are my cruelty-free picks:
- NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadow in “Electroshock,” $4.50 at drugstores
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeshadow in “Charged,” $19 at Sephora and Nordstrom
- INC.Redible Lid Slick Eye Pigment in “Dose of Ego,” $10 at Sephora
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Roxy,” $22 at urbandecay.com and Sephora
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color in Sapphire (this is a combination eyeliner/eyeshadow), $29 at lauramercier.com and Sephora
- Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in “Bold Cobalt,” about $4-7.99 at CVS and Walgreens
Pair your eyeshadow with a pink or red lip and you’ll be ready to take on 2022 looking fresh and fabulous.
Be Very Peri cool!!!