The city is glowing and holiday parties are in full swing meaning there is no better time to enhance your makeup routine with a warm, and shimmering look.
Here’s my step-by-step guide to holiday makeup that glows:
1. Apply a glowy cream or liquid bronzer to lighten up your skin for a holiday glow. You can dab this bronzer over foundation, mix with foundation, or wear it alone. Look for a tone that matches the undertone of your skin. Golden colors are best for warmer, medium to dark skin tones while a soft warm pink is best on light to medium skin tones.
– Apply one stroke of liquid bronzer, starting at each temple and running diagonally down, across your cheekbone ending at the high point of the cheek (in line with the middle of your eye).
– Apply one stroke across the high part of the forehead by the hairline.
– Apply to your neck and chest to highlight and even out skin tone for low cut tops.
– If you have oily skin, dust a powder version of the bronzer to the same areas, avoiding large pores near the nose and chin.
My favorite products to create this look are as follows
Kevyn Aucoin’s Celestial Skin Lightening Bronzer (in Liquid form), for a waterproof and 12-hour wear, cream and gel hybrid formula that can be used to illuminate and as a skin treatment primer and foundation developer.
Kevyn Aucoin’s Starlight, Candlelight and Sunlight (choose according to your skin tone) for a sheer, opalescent highlighting powder that works to illuminate features with a subtle glow.
Bobbie Brown’s Highlighted High Shimmer (choose Bronzer Glow for warm skin tones and Pink Glow for cool skin tones); this is a light-reflecting powder that gives the complexion a high-impact, light-reflective glow.
Ellis Faas’ Powder in Natural or Light Glow (this is available in light, medium and dark shades); this is a light and transparent powder that still feels creamy to the touch. It’s made with seaweed extract to keep skin soft and supple.
MAC’s Spellbinder eyeshadow, which has a beautiful shimmer, is great for evening eyes and is not too sparkly. There are 9 shades in this collection, and the powder slides through a magnetized screen, dispensing just enough without wasting a drop.
Lancome’s Hypnose Dazzling is perfect for a softer eye that glimmers. It is available for a limited time only in 3 fabulous shades.